Ulovane Environmental Training is independently run by Schalk and Candice Pretorius and has been operational on Amakhala Game Reserve since 2005. Their vision is to provide Amakhala Game Reserve and the Eastern Cape Field Guide Industry with top of the range Field Guides.
CAREER FOCUS AND SPECIALISED COURSES
We are committed to developing the guides of the future. With over 15 years in the industry, we believe that what we offer cannot be compared to any other training providers in South Africa. Affordability, longer courses, more lodge experience, more recognized qualifications; this is just the beginning.
The following courses will be available as of 2012
- Two Year Level 2 Nature, Marine and Trails Guide Skills Program. (Including One Year Work Experience)
- One Year Level 1 Nature, Marine and Back-up Trails Guide Skills Program. (Including 6 Month Work Experience)
- 6 Month Level 1 Nature, Marine and Back-up Trails Guide Skills Program. (No Work Experience)
- 4 ½ Month (19 Weeks) Level 1 Nature and Back-up Trails Guide Skills Program
- 12 Week (84 Days) Level 2 Nature Guide Skills Program
- 10 Week (70 Days) Level 1 Nature Guide Skills Program
- 7 Week (49 Days) Back-up Trails Guide Specialization Course
- 4 Week (28 Days) Marine Guide Specialization Course
- 21 Day Birding Specialist Course
- 5 Day Tracking Skills Specialization Course
- 5 Day Advanced Rifle Handling Specialization Course
- All work experience takes place on Amakhala Game Reserve
Our courses are open to anyone over 18, with a valid driver’s license who have a passion for learning and nature.
Ulovane Environmental Training is an endorsed training provider under the Field Guides Association of Southern Africa (FGASA). Training provider number: 10043/2006
The new Ulovane Camp was completed in March 2009; we are very proud of our training facility and believe it is one of the TOP training facilities in South Africa. Our lecture room includes a large work station, desks and chairs as well as two white boards and data projector. We believe that if our students are comfortable and have all they need, it will ENHANCE their learning experience. The accommodation is shared with two students per room; the rooms have en suite bathrooms and are equipped with furniture, electricity and linen. Our stunning rock face rooms have a great view of Amakhala. They are warm in the winter and cool in the summer – a great place for studying.
Our Camp is Green
Like our logo, like the bush – the Ulovane camp is GREEN! How have we achieved this and how are we achieving this – we run completely off solar power, we recycle every bit of waste at the camp, all our geysers are solar operated. Energy supply is fully serviced by solar panels that feed in a battery bank and in that way guaranteeing a constant supply of energy to run all the appliances, such as a deep freezer, fridge, washing machine, as well as all the energy for the data projector, various computers and of course all the cell phone chargers, and all the lights.
We not only preach the concept of energy saving and zero emission, but we truly live it and make everyone aware that we have to change our lifestyle to save our beautiful planet.
Ranger Training Video
Exceptional Ranger Training, in the heart of the Eastern Cape, South Africa. This could be you!