Safari Game Drives and wild life
Become part of Africa as you experience our Big 5 Safari Adventure on malaria free Amakhala Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape of South Africa..
Included in your stay are morning and evening game drives leaving from your lodge. You will be guided by informative, professional rangers through Amakhala Game Reserve in open Land Rovers. Here you can return to nature and explore the abundant wildlife, the diverse vegetation and the dramatic landscape of the Eastern Cape.
Wildlife you are likely to see
On Amakhala Game Reserve's 18 000 acres the animals that you are likely to encounter are: lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, monkeys, tortoise and plenty of antelope species. You might be lucky and see some of the more elusive and shy animals like hyena or bat eared fox.
This is your chance to be privileged enough to see the world famous African animals close up in their own habitat .The focus of the game drives is not only the large majestic beasts but also the humble smaller mammals, birds and insects which will leave you in awe.
The reserve hosts five of the worlds six vegetation biomes, bushveld to savannah. For a change of pace relax on board the boat cruise while meandering lazily along the Bushman's River.
Refreshment breaks have been included to make your safari experience that much more enjoyable. This safari experience will create memories which will linger for a life time.
Other excursions to neighboring Addo National Elephant Park , Shamwari Game Reserve and The Born Free Foundation can be done by prior arrangement.
Easily accessible from Port Elizabeth, Grahamstown and Addo, this product is run daily:
1 May - 31 August: 11h00
1 September - 30 April: 12h00
- Meet at Reed Valley or Hlosi Game Lodge (depending on your booking arrangement) for orientation and welcome drinks.
- Enjoy a 3 hour Game drive through the reserve enjoying spectacular views and descending into the Bushman’s River Valley.
- During the game drive, a stop will be made where selected local drinks and snack will be served.
- A delicious authentic 2-course meal will be served at the lodge of departure after the Game drive.
- A river cruise along the Bushman's River can be requested when a booking is made.
R980 per person.
Children 6 years and older welcome.
Call Central Reservations on: +27 (0) 46 636 2750 or email Amakhala Central Reservations for more information.
Less than 7 days: forfeit full deposit
From 7 – 14 days: 75% of deposit
From 14 – 21 days: 50% of deposit
From 21 – 28 days: 25% of deposit